Week 4

Well I survived week 4 of college lol I know hilarious right. I love the fact that I am learning such interesting facts such as civil liberties, Federalism, the Constitution and much more. Each subject provides plenty of information to learn about and fully understand what our Government is about. My favorite subject was learning about all amendments, I got to know what each of them meant and also they are there to protect us. I did not know any of that because what protection do we have against the law? Absolutely little to none. If you do not know any of this you will not protect yourself I advice people to study this subject due to what is happening to us with the law now. I do not like what is going on with cops and other individuals it is so sad, why can’t we unite with one another and make this world better for a comfortable living environment.

I want to become a cop but now I am not really sure if that is the path I want to take again because of what is happening. If I run from this I will be weak instead I should be strong for my community and become the cop I dreamed of being. I will make a difference, I will show the world that officers can be trusted again. No I will never tolerate bad behavior but I will reason with others and try to deescalate what ever problem that is occurring. This is why studying the law is so good with being able to know everything and see how the system works. As a non police officer you are viewing both sides and either you can relate to what is going on and try making it better.

Hopefully one day we can come to an agreement and stop the violence it’s just some people and some cops who fail to make this world better. Again I do not think it is fair to always blame cops for your behavior and vise versa, we are all grown adults who know right from wrong. I will study very hard, I will get my degree, I will make it better well at least I will try the rest it’s up to you to help. I have kids to worry more about honestly I am their protection to this cruel world and system, I will not let them be sucked into this craziness, I will provide a better life for them. Everyone remain safe and always think before you act having this mind set well prevent so much and take you far in life.

2 thoughts on “Week 4

1. Shawna M. Brandle (she/her)

Congrats on surviving- every week is a big deal and worthy of celebrating during this extremely difficult semester! And thanks for this thoughtful, honest post. If this is an area you are interested in, then maybe you can use this topic for other adventures in the class, like the film review, book review or What’s Your Problem letter? That way, you can learn for this class while also getting information that can help you make the best decisions for your future.
    Keep up the good work!

Reply