CIVIL RIGHTS….

Here is an interesting topic, Civil Rights. What do we know about this movement ? I will tell you my opinion of what I think about the Civil Rights after reading the article. The Civil Rights gives the right to treat people equally, However, there are some groups of people who were denied these right for equality. I have read and learned that everything in the government, any law field always follow the amendments, very interesting to know that all amendments play a huge role in life, also in our history. Women and men were treated differently back in the 1980’s – 1990’s. In that time frame women were allowed to serve in all combat roles with selective service system only men were allowed to be registered and not women. it is just crazy to me to read on how women were not given much rights as the men, it is why now we unite together and women and men are strong as a team.

Early in 1917, people had marched down the avenue demanding the right to vote, those who marched for this equal right was women. After so much fighting, being arrested and beaten, along came the Nineteenth Amendment that granted all women the right to vote. However, this amendment did not fully end discrimination against women such as education, employment and other situations. Being given the right to vote still did not matter women still were being treated differently to even being denied jobs due to their sexually and being sexually harassed at any work place. The Equal Rights Amendment mandated equality to all regardless to what sex they are. In which with that amendment had failed to meet the required support of the thirty eight states, by the time the deadline arrived.

I learned with the Civil Rights Movement, women were really fighting for equal rights like they did not have it easy, they were being discriminated. I thought the men had it bad back in this era but I was wrong women really had to march, protest and much more to get the rights they deserved. This makes me appreciate history so much more because they fought so long for us women in this time to have equal rights. They did all that so we can live this life with the right to vote, I will not take this for granted, and I am so proud to those who did what they could to make this happen. Imagine living in that era and having to fight for equal rights and other things that were not allowed for women to do, I am pretty sure people in this era would appreciate our history, so much to learn and understand I am looking forward to learning more and blogging, I love history.

5 thoughts on “CIVIL RIGHTS….

1. Erma Cunico

you’re actually a excellent webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible. It sort of feels that you are doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a wonderful job on this subject!

Reply
  2. Beauty

Thanks for the helpful content. It is also my opinion that mesothelioma cancer has an particularly long latency period of time, which means that warning signs of the disease might not exactly emerge until finally 30 to 50 years after the preliminary exposure to asbestos. Pleural mesothelioma, which is the most common sort and impacts the area about the lungs, may cause shortness of breath, chest muscles pains, and also a persistent coughing, which may result in coughing up maintain.

Reply
  3. Short Hairstyles

Hey very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your I’m happy to find so many useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Reply
  4. Free Samples

Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a extraordinary job!

Reply
  5. Black Hairstyles

I actually wanted to post a quick remark to say thanks to you for all of the remarkable hints you are giving on this website. My considerable internet lookup has at the end been recognized with brilliant tips to share with my family. I ‘d claim that most of us site visitors are very much endowed to live in a notable community with many lovely people with great guidelines. I feel truly happy to have encountered your entire website and look forward to plenty of more fabulous moments reading here. Thanks once again for all the details.

Reply