BOOK REVIEW ( Twitter And Tear Gas)

In this chapter book I read things that were interesting to me being the fact that the author described how technology was back in the 1900’s in Turkey. Being a witness of communication being centralized, lead to becoming part of helping people have a better way of communicating with others around the world. Becoming a programmer for IBM’s internal global she was able to get in contact with people such as her collogues/friends. Turkey was then introduced to the internet in the mid 1900’s, in wanting others to find a way to have these kinds of communication, in having the power to finally speak to others digitally. Using all sorts of social media outputs to send messages and talk to people constantly, being able to stay in touch through Facebook, Twitter, and What’s App. People would start using social media online sorts to gain the power to start a massive protest, while this protest is occurring you will see the use of tear gas looking like the streets were covered in clouds. This story leans towards the use of technology, culture, and politics. People would use birds to send a signal or messages, this was their normal way of communicating to others before the internet use was introduced to them. Of course having to send messages through pigeons was definitely the hardest form of communicating. Bringing in all kinds of movements not only technology, for example bringing tea party to the United States. I always wanted to know how United States came upon a movement such as a tea party. Being a participate in other social movements over the years but mainly digital technologies. Internet and digital tools began to spread drastically to activists and the general population. With living in turkey and the United States for most of their life, helped both turkey and US with technology for one and the other the tea party movement and plenty more. Being part of this organization, also was able to access things that were big, some in which was publicly and some that was just directed to the individual, which led to studying these absents of communication and technology. Being a computer programmer and a social science scholar, allowed to have access in data bases and other dimensions. With the use of introducing this digital internet use of technology, a terrorist group such as ISIS and white supremacist used this to manage their organization. Many Arab became bloggers with keeping in touch with others with being in prison. They would have their own codes such as “Tweeting” or “offline” just before powering off the phones so others wont worry about being kidnapped or killed. I think the only bad thing about introducing the use of internet is the fact that terrorist and hateful people use this output to form attacks and organize them, especially with sending out messages to others for example while being in prison, I hate that they are able to use such powerful digital communication for their hateful crimes.

I think I did good on this assignment more so because I really took interest in reading this book and understanding the source of these different movements the author described. I believe I should grade myself 18 to 20 points, I discussed the most interesting points I thought was important to share with others. Some people do not have any idea how turkey was introduced to having internet connections and how United States was also helped with the introduction of tea parties. I recommend for others to take time in their busy lives and read this amazing book, I wont be the only person to take some interest in this story. A lot of things were mentioned in regards to tear gas and technology that most of us are clueless about. The author best described all sorts of examples and important factors in every chapter of this book I was not bored reading this, in fact I loved it you would too.