American Government MEME Assignment …..

I decided to create this meme only because the law enforcement has a serious problem with invading the privacy of individuals. Let me better explain, example there was a video that had went rival with an officer coming into a women’s home, where she was calmly hanging peacefully with her child. The women was just coming out the shower and only had a towel covering her body, However, this cop decided to still enter her home after being told to wait outside her door until she is fully dressed. They asked him why was he there? she said “nothing is wrong”, So instead of answering her questions he started to ask questions of his own and demanded answers. The mother did not want to answer him and she was in the right to refuse to comply, the officer then got so upset and started reading her rights and cuffed her. Remember she is only wearing a towel, she is being handcuffed what do you think happens? Her towel falls off the women is now naked and is heard saying ” Please cover me, cover me.” Then the cop says “Don’t take that attitude with cops because we don’t play. When a cop shows up, you’re not the one in charge. I don’t care if it is your house” Then a few minutes later he had her daughter remove the handcuffs and then decided to leave. The women is now pursing a law suit case.

( Article of Inside Edition, 2015)

This is why I created this meme for this main reason, why should anyone want to respect the law if the law does not respect us. Maybe cops should study their amendments so they can stop violating them, you can not enter anyone’s home if there is not a warrant on hand, or if there is any dangerous situation that you must forcefully enter the premises. Law enforcement love to over ride their power of authority until they are in the spot light and in major trouble for disobeying the law they chose to protect and serve. We ” The People” need protection, we are not suppose to fear our law enforcement. Some on duty cops must re study this subject and have a better understanding of our rights as individuals, this is one of the main reason why these riots happen due to law enforcement not caring. They kill and expect to get away with it by coming up with their excuses or lies, they violate and expect to get away with it, I believe that It’s TIME FOR CHANGE, we had enough.

Now I do believe there are some good decent cops in this world we live in. It’s just with everything that is happening the good cops are being treated wrong, I truly do not agree with that behavior. I have some friends in this field who are very nice and understanding to everyone, however, I am sure they are fearful while working with the craziness going on. We were giving these amendments to give us the protection we need against our government, there is so much things that are happening and we get little to no protection. Especially with law enforcement they get to do and say whatever they want, as we just sit and take their nonsense. I am studying for a Criminal Justice degree only because I do want to make a difference. Not being a cop I see and understand the frustration and what others are saying in having a corrupt system.

I had an incident 7 years ago, where officers approached my apartment at five o’clock in the morning telling me I am being arrested. I then said well first you guys need to give me a minute I have to get dressed and my son is asleep. One officer placed her foot by my door not letting me close it and said she will stand there while I get dressed, How is this situation ok ? Well as she stood there I got dressed feeling extremely uncomfortable, as I was done I began to ask her, why am I getting arrested? She tells me to step outside and place my hands behind my back and she will then explain when I am placed in the car. Now if you remember we have amendments which helps us in these kinds of situations which I did not remember that day, I just proceeded and got arrested. I believe someone knew that was wrong to the point that I was sent a check in 2019 for only $150 dollars for wrongfully arrest. I laughed at that checked and ripped it to pieces like how dare you belittle me with a ridiculous check. Please always know your rights trust me the amendments we have will take us a long way, I took this story seriously because of what I have been through. As I mention earlier in my story change is needed and I hope one day this world can be peaceful with less madness.

I believe for this meme assignment I will grade myself with 15 points, because I used explanations in our American Government. I explained myself in 4 paragraphs as asked, with using in text citation and also quoting statements that were said in the article I wrote about. I checked my work and revised it, creating something extremely better with little to no grammar mistakes. I then gave an example to my meme with my own real life situation that occurred for a better understanding to why I chose this meme. I believe my writing assignment will grasp readers attention because it is based on our amendments with the facts of two real life situations.

1 thought on “American Government MEME Assignment …..